View Single Post
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
Yes, the thermostat is remote mounted inside the front trunk. It is just a relay with an adjustment pot or screw on it to set the temp it activates the fan.
I did not take any pix of the thermostat or the custom fitting or I would have shown you.
Basically you run the power wires to the fan and the wire from the thermostat unit thru one of the available holes for the headlight wires in the fender. You will see a few opening with grommets when you pull back the trunk carpet.
I never had a stock Carerra cooler but that crappy trombone coil that Porsche lamely installed in the early turbos. All this hardware was bought new. But I found elephant very well engineered when you do the research.
Glad I could help.
1979 930 Turbo....3.4L, 7.5to1 comp, SC cams, B&B intercooler, Snow Perf water/meth injection, Rarlyl8 headers, Garret GTX turbo, 36mm ported intakes, Innovate Auxbox/LM-1, custom Manually Adjustable wastegate housing (0.8-1.1bar),--running 0.7bar max
---"When you're racing it's life! Anything else either before or after, is just waiting"
Old 08-14-2008, 03:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)