View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobieboy View Post
I think the most noticeable negative is it takes longer to get to the same boost, i.e. throttle response will be worst too.

If your turbo is big enough to flow, say, 16psi of air, losing 2-3psi simply means it takes longer to get there. I wouldn't even say more wear & tear.
Understood. Does anyone know have an educated guess on what the post-IC temps would be on these two intercoolers? If there is not a large difference, I would much rather not sacrifice the throttle response. With twin plugs, 93 octane gas, and potentially water injection sometime down the road, I think I should be fine with the higher flowing, less cooling IC - especially since my boost level is not that high.

Any thoughts?

Water/Methanol injection is the controlled squirting of water/methanol into the intake charge. The system involves a reservoir, pump, hoses, and pressure switch. The water/methanol absorbs the heat and effectively lowers the intake temperature. Pat Keefe has had a water injection system installed on his for Turbo SC for a while now without any issues. It's common to leverage the windshield washer fluid reservoir to feed the injection system. A boost activated pressure switch is commonly used to trigger the injector (e.g. you can buy a switch which kicks in at 3 PSI). It's a relatively simply system and quite effective/inexpensive.

Last edited by polizei; 08-15-2008 at 01:49 PM..
Old 08-15-2008, 01:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)