View Single Post

Supercharging can generate the same heat increases as turbocharging. The different types of superchargers make a big difference in heat added at particular boost levels and rpms (e.g. Eaton (roots style) vs whipples).

I have lived with air-air intercooling, water-air intercooling and water/meth injection. In my experience, air-air is the most effective for the least amount of aggravation.

My second favorite is water/meth injection (up to 1 bar). You can get a very effective system for very little investment, use cheap windshield washer fluid to get pre-mixed meth, and get the added bonus of a squeaky clean combustion chamber. The downside is that you have to plumb the water source and remember to top it off regularly.

My experiences with going without either intercooling or water/meth injection have been less than satisfying. I always felt like I was underusing the potential of the car or was running too close to the edge of detonation on hot days.

You could always start out with water/meth injection and switch over to something more elaborate later. For example: http://www.alcohol-injection.com/water-injection-kits-1/universal-19/universal-stage-2-12.html
58 DKW Universal - Baby Crap Yellow/Beige (sold)
Old 08-16-2008, 07:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)