View Single Post

CCW Classics

Quote:
Originally Posted by 125shifter View Post
21mm front on the '79 and older 930's and 28mm rear on all 930's up to '89 (I think)

I have 17" CCW Classics on my 79 930 (sorry, no pics of car w/ wheels). When I placed the order, I requested the offset for no spacers (less weight) and track prep (I believe shot peened and clear anodized) and no center cap.

The rear fits perfect without the 28mm spacer and the fronts required the original spacer (21mm if memory serves, as well). The rear lugs need to be cut or replaced with the correct length with the spacers deleted. The design of the wheel did not clear the 930 caliper in front without the spacer. Once I replaced the front spacer the caliper clears and the outside of the tire is flush to the front flare.

So, I called CCW back and they confirmed from previous orders that the 79 and older cars need the spacer if they are stock. I'm running 255s front and 315s rear. Very happy with the quality and performance of the wheels.

I can provide my full name and date of order (and pics) via PM if you would like to call CCW for the same set-up.

Old 08-19-2008, 11:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)