View Single Post
Metal Guru

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by voitureltd View Post
Now all the auction goers will find out that the 930 is considered a true super car by one of top important people that originally owned them. In as much as they really are, and folks who with the other "fast cars " with twice the displacement when on track have a good race on their hands. Regular 930s could be much more desirable once the word gets out. I presume most people on this forum already got theirs, if not get busy before someone gets your lunch. Most & best selection is before the masses catch on. Just look at 911s RS RSR 934 935 prices not to mention the established rises in the F cars 300SL Aston's etc,etc and other hot flavors in the recent past. I hope it breaks the bank as the 911s of his supposedly broke into 7 figures and given the choice of either car to own and drive, hands down the 930, even more desirable ( to me ) if it had some nice factory engineered performance upgrades

The things that make a car valuable are:
(1) low production numbers
(2) technically interesting
(3) high initial price
(4) famous previous owner(s)
Apparently someone was a big McQueen fan and overpaid for his car. That single data point doesn't signal the beginning of a big price run-up on Turbos. The Turbo will never be worth the price of a Enzo-era V-12 Ferrari because of point (1).
There were relatively few RS', RSR's and 934's built. From 1978 until 1989 there were approximately 18,000 Turbo's built for the worldwide market. When the economy's bad Turbo prices drop as people can't afford the high maintenance costs or just need to liquidate.
Also keep in mind that A 911 isn't all that flashy of a car when compared to a Ferrari or Lamborghini. People either love them or hate them. Turbos' will never have the mass appeal of an Italian exotic.
Port matched, SC cams, K27/K29 turbo, Roush Performance custom headers w/Tial MV-S dual wastegates, Rarlyl8 muffler, LWFW, GT2 clutch & PP, BL wur, factory RS shifter, RS mounts, FVD timing mod, Big Reds, - 210 lb
Old 08-19-2008, 05:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)