View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig 930 RS View Post
Pretty much straightforward - this might help you:

PO installed it where the seatbelt warning light is - REALLY clean install in that location -

Sensors can be installed anywhere -

I have one in the outlet-to-IC-tube
The other in the filter inlet tube

Switched the one from the inlet tube it to the compressor outlet tube in order to theoretically get pre-cooled temps...guess what I measure there?

The 200-300 temp of the metal tube itself
That is very slick. Since I'm not going to have an IC initially I'll monitor the temp of the air coming into the air filter and the post turbo air temp. I'm also going to play around with an air filter in and outside of the engine. It'll be interesting to see how much heat is added by having it in the engine compartment. Thanks for your help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence88mph View Post
Not really off topic as you need to get rid of the AFM to make room for this intercooler me thinks.

The Protomotive conversion is MAF, this is MAP and a great price.

Yep Merv went the Proto MAF which is excellent like all their products, he put me onto the MPAP2ECU and said if he had his time again... I've spoken to the people there a few times and their service is great and they say they have used them on a few pcars with great success. PM me and we'll chat to keep it out of here, I'm adding one to my car soon so I'll keep you up to date with it.
Thanks!
Old 08-20-2008, 03:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)