View Single Post
"I wuz the liquor..."

When I think of the 930s at the track that I've seen, really tossing the fire (Brian Keith Smith and Craig 930RS come to mind), I'm not sure what to think about the "overly rich" theory. I guess it's possible, but I'd imagine these turbos to really withstand the fuel flames.

As for oiling, I once talked to a guy that roasted his turbo because the gasket that went between the turbo oil supply line and the turbo housing was partially blocking the orifice, and starved his turbo. He didn't indicate if he made the gasket himself, or what...just one of those weird stories you hear from people who once owned a 930.

With another failure under your belt, I bet Kevin at Ultimate Motorwerks would like to see this turbo. I know that when a JE piston fails or a Pauter rod lets go, the manufacturer often wants see it for themselves to record, document, and offer their theory.
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)

Last edited by sand_man; 08-21-2008 at 10:12 AM..
Old 08-21-2008, 10:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)