View Single Post
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
I think the debate on the ARP head studs revolved around the metallurgical characteristics of the studs. As you know these engines are modular in design and the thermal expansion rates are significant. Porsche spent a lot of time in designing studs that had close the same expansion rates as their corresponding counterparts. The debate around the ARP's was the studs losing their clamping force due to the heat cycling that takes place. This in turn, would require more diligence by the owners' part to routinely check torque settings on the heads. I don't know if I buy into that argument..... I'm no metallurgist.

We do know the delivar head studs were prone to snapping, but I've been running the 993tt studs now for 5 years with no problems.

I don't think you can go wrong with either product. Rod bolts are another matter all together........
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 08-21-2008, 12:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)