View Single Post

Garage
Send a message via ICQ to Rouser Send a message via AIM to Rouser
After owning a modified (for T-IV, by PO) banana-type sport muffler (let's talk noisy), a Monza (HELLO?!), and listening to a friend's Bursch (eh ... OK, not bad), I'm praying that THIS muffler HAS to be a cut above.

I finished the ends (muffler doesn't come chromed or anything) with some Pilot SS exhaust tips; I'm trying real hard NOT to get the "rice" look! I used a spare steel valence panel (parts cars are neat!) and sabre-sawed a duplicate right-notch.

I'm currently doing so much work (pedal cluster, upgrades, mods, patches, cables, rotors, etc.) on my 914 that I haven't even HEARD it yet! This was a leap-of-faith purchase, based SOLEY on David Said's (of TRIAD) WORD that "It'll have a nice 911-isc sound; throatier, and WAY better than that POS Monza."

If I was going the purist route, I might've seriously considered the Mittlemotor option. But this is my play toy, and I wanted it to not only sound good, but "look serious" back there too.

Once the car touches the ground, I'll take some pics.

Last edited by Rouser; 03-19-2002 at 01:01 PM..
Old 03-19-2002, 12:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)