View Single Post
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDDD View Post
GM is going bankrupt very rapidly.

I see this Blue Devil as being the pinnacle of the modern horsepower battle which started with the Z06 a few years ago and has made Porsche, Nissan, Audi and Ford and basically everyone increase their horsepower across the board.

I see this being 1969 all over again, with GM in the future having NO CHOICE but to build economy cars and start all over again. Just like 1969.

The 1978 pace car and 1990 ZR-1 were surpassed by better vehicles, but the Blue Devil is not likely to be unless gas prices go back down forever. I think GM suspends any programs not related to building hybrids/economy cars immediately.

I could be wrong but it happened before under very similiar circumstances.
That may very well be true. I personally, hope not. I think the competition improves the breeds of all involved. Case in point, GM's decision to shelve the C7R until the ACO, the sanctioning body for LeMans, gets it's damn act together. Damn politics the French are famous for!! As far as I'm concerned, ALMS IS the future of racing.

Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 08-22-2008, 11:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #131 (permalink)