View Single Post

The plug you have there is for checking the K-jetronic lambda system/pulse valve operation that uses an oxygen sensor in the exhaust for it's readings and operation.
The ECU for it is under the driver seat. CIS is K-jetronic fuel injection and you should see that written on the aluminum box under the seat.
That plug was and should be installed from the backside in the empty hole in the console up above it in your picture. I don't know how you go about checking it through that plug and I don't think most people care anymore...

There is no problem using a red relay instead of a black relay anywhere on the car. They are the same other than the red ones have a diode in them to block and buffer the small voltage spikes when switching power. They use them as fuel pump relays to help protect the fuel pump brushes when they are switched on or off.

Red ones cost a little more than black ones because of that.
The yellow relay to the left is your overboost relay. It's a good idea to have a spare one of those in your glovebox. Some of the older cars will work with a red one in it's place but my '87 will not start with a red one in place of the yellow one.
Old 08-24-2008, 10:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)