View Single Post

Send a message via AIM to Chuck Jones
Brian: Now I'm confused...becasue as ML930 and WERK said....prior to the time they moved the oil cooler to the back fender, it was up front as yours is. You indicated you have an 87 slant? Is this a US car or a WPOZZZ car? Curious indeed becasue the headlights and setup that I can see are all correct for the factory slant...but the oil cooler up front predates the 87-89 configuration. Are you sure this is an 87?

I never knew the explanation for why they moved it, or why they made the changes they did...but now with the latest input, it makes sense. They had to do a number of things to get the slants approved for US distribution...the AC being one of the marketing ploys they had to use to get the picky US buyers interested even though the AC never did work really well. They also reduced the HP from the 300 euro version to the 282 US...and have different fuel heads....the US being silver, and the Euro being black IIRC. Kevin is most familiar with the fuel head because he retools them to run more fuel for the guys who want to go with EFI.

The 87-89's have a condenser in front that runs parallel to the bottom with a grill covering it in the place where you show your oil cooler...so that's different too.

Interesting changes I never knew about....but that car you show is obviously a factory job.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)