View Single Post

Check valve for turbocharger oil supply?

Is anyone running a check valve on their oil supply line to the turbocharger to keep oil out of the turbo's center section when the car is not running?

Here is the problem I am trying to correct: I am running a BAE turbo setup on my SC. It runs well, but after shutting down oil continues to drip through the turbo's center section into the turbos' catch tank. If the car sits for a long time (like over a week), that dripping oil more or less fills up the catch tank. (Incidentally, BAE systems did not use a catch tank in their stock configuration. I was having some oil return problems like Pat Keefe documented in his threads with his BAE setup, so I fabricated a 930 style catch tank and use an electric oil pump to scavenge the oil. Works very well, BTW).

I think that some type of check valve on the oil supply line that would open when the oil system is pressurized but closed when it is not would be helpful to prevent this.

Is anyone running some type of check valve setup, and if so, could you provide me with a source? Thanks!

Mike
Old 09-04-2008, 06:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)