View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper930 View Post
Can't speak for the valence but from 99% of my body panels coming from A.I.R. the quality is typical race glass concerning finish work for the street. It takes prep to do, but for just a bumper would be worth it.

The thickness is better than GT Racing for street use, as GT gets most their parts to be almost see through, good for racing, not for street.

A.I.R has been around for quite some time - and out of all the choices, I'd go with Getty/MA Shaw Design or A.I.R. on my car. Getty has some really nice carbon pieces, and most fiberglass is great too - but the glass always needs to be worked over to be "right".

If you go the A.I.R. route, talk to Kevin, good guy.
Good answer. AIR is somewhere between a lightweight race part and a more solid Getty part which dresses up nice.

For a street car I would still look at Getty, they also have valences. AIR parts are not going to be as refined as Getty parts in some cases because it is a slightly different product geared mostly toward racing. For a valence I don't think it matters as much since that is not a major piece of bodywork but more like an attachment.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)