View Single Post
Metal Guru

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogomobil View Post
How exactly can I delete the decel valve / throttle bypass valve on a 965?
I also would like to enjoy more pops and faster drop of revs while shifting.
Is the easiest way to unplug the hose going from the Bosch Bypass valve to the Decel Valve? Or do I have to plug both connecting points after taking that hose out?? Thanks for any advice!
You would have to plug the hose going into the intake, plug the signal line that runs to the decel valve and vent the recirculation valve (bov) to atmosphere.
Better yet, if you have an aftermarket recirculation valve (bov) tune it with the different springs that should have been supplied with the bov. If you have a OE bov, replace it as the spring is too weak or the diaphram is ruptured.
I had the hanging RPM and I cured it by installing the intermediate spring supplied with my Forge bov. The weaker spring popped open too quickly, causing a big pressure impulse to be pushed into the intake and causing the RPMs to hang for a second, which is like an eternity. The heavier spring allows for a slower opening and a more controlled air dump to the intake.
Port matched, SC cams, K27/K29 turbo, Roush Performance custom headers w/Tial MV-S dual wastegates, Rarlyl8 muffler, LWFW, GT2 clutch & PP, BL wur, factory RS shifter, RS mounts, FVD timing mod, Big Reds, - 210 lb
Old 09-07-2008, 10:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)