Thread: LC-1 installed
View Single Post
beancounter

LC-1 installed

Man...this thing is the coolest! Anniversary present from my wife.

Its just a part of my "on-board diagnostic system" I also installed a vac/boost guage from NHS in the clock location. On deck for installation is a vdo voltmeter, and a G5 AFR gauge for permanent in-cockpit monitoring of the LC-1 output. I will also probably get the auxbox from innovate in the future so that I can log MAP and RPM along with AFR.

The LC-1 install went pretty smooth. Recently installed a RarlyL8 muffler with a bung, so the sensor was easy. I had to drop the heatshield and cut a notch in it so there was enough clearance for the sensor though. The LC-1 unit is zip-tie mounted on the drivers side, near the fuse panel. I ran the serial cable and the analog outs through the wiring hole for the rear defogger at the drivers side. The calibration button and l.e.d. were mounted on the fuse panel.

Tonight was testing. Plugged in the laptop and voila! I'm logging AFRs!

I'm hoping this will help me track down some driveability issues that I discuss in this post:

Yep, its another CIS thread

AFR log indicated that during steady state cruise with just a small amount of throttle opening, the mixture oscillates into very lean territory (peaks approach 18).

You can see it this in the graph. The first ten seconds is idle. From there until around the 1 minute mark its steady state cruise with just a hair of throttle opening. At 1 minute, I'm going WOT into boost-land (and again at 1:25). My current theory is that I have a minor air leak (at intercooler joints or recirc valve seals). I have new seals to install. I also think my idle AFR is a bit lean, so I plan to fatten it up a bit.

Anyway, the ability to see this data is really amazing...
Old 09-09-2008, 06:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)