View Single Post

Bad news,

Got there around 11, seller arrived at 11:45 with car.. they started by taking it for a test drive, came back, everything seemed fine.

Lifted it up, and there was a drop of oil on the floor.. both front struts slightly leaking.. no biggie.
.. both rear wheel bearing out.. /sigh.. but still not too bad..

Then.. Roughly 6 minor oil leaks... got quoted ~$5k due to the labor involved.. talked to the seller about it a bit.. and we both agree'd we could work on a lower price for the car.

Pulled the car out, and I was about to approve the labor extensive Leakdown when a mechanic came in and said the car wouldn't idle.... they fired it up a few times with the same result.

Pulled the car back in to do a check on the A/F and check if it would clear emissions,
I walked out the front door, lit up a cigarette, turned the corner. and saw a small cloud of blue/white smoke... oh boy.. walked to the entrance to the garage to see my soon to be 930, blowing smoke

Got my deposit back, but I honestly feel sorry for the seller.. I sincerely think he had no clue.. but who knows.

Thanks everyone for the advice to get a PPI done.. would have been f--ked without it.

WTB 1976-1996 Porsche 911 Turbo!
Old 09-10-2008, 01:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)