View Single Post

d3m0n1z3d, I'd pass on that red one too. Some sellers are reluctant to sell for a reasonable price even when faced with facts. Some cars need so much that the repairs, if performed at a quality shop with prevailing hourly rates, can easily exceed the current value of the car. ( in other words , if a gift still not worth the repair bill). There are some good deals out there. I have bought over 30 930s over the years and have always gotten good ones ( some stock and others modded). Of course I have investigated over 500 candidates so, as others have advised, there is that great one waiting for you. Prices have not really taken off yet as most exotic buyers have not seriously looked into the real deal (930 ) yet. Ebay usually has at least one good deal in every 40 or so cars offered and PCA club members sometimes sell great ones at a good value. That is not to say all PCA members cars are great ones. Best to buy one that the upkeep has been regularly taken care of by devoted 930 owner(s) ( with good records and history ) ideally with regular use each year of 2500 miles per year or less since new. This will help insure good service and driving conditions. The ones that require extensive repair/service are best bought by those that like projects and are able( with friends ) that just need to buy parts to get it put back to being right.

Last edited by voitureltd; 09-13-2008 at 09:27 AM..
Old 09-13-2008, 06:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)