View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnJL View Post
I have a spare set of SC cams. They're used but no pitting. Cheap.

Also have a spare Megasquirt built up. I couldn't get the ignition circuit to function for me but if you've got some experience or patience you could get it working. I'm very happy with my Adaptronic ECU.

Nice ride!
John

I had a 3 liter SC once that changed head studs on, i remember that these camshafts had a big nut to lock the cogwheel. the engine i have here is a 1986 930 and i know that the locking system if different on these cams. Is it possible or easy to machine them in a workshop to fit my engine?

Concerning the Mega-squirt i have on the same engine that i did the head stud upgrade, i converted to EFI so i know a little bit about the system.
Have you put the components on the print board yourself or is this a prebuilt printboad? what type mega-squirt is this? Do you have the sensors that is needed for ignition control?

I will use the water cooled system on the car also after the engine upgrade, because it works just perfect. It is very over sized and that is not bad for the engine, i will also go for a water cooled Garrett turbo. hope to get the cylinder heads machined for twin plug.

I'm considering a cylinder and piston change, i see that there are 3,4 and 3,5 liter kit available with different compression ratio. what is the recommended nikasil cylinder kit to use and what compression ratio?

Thanks
Kjell R
Old 09-16-2008, 01:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #55 (permalink)