View Single Post
Certified User

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredmeister View Post
Depends on what headers youre using now too. The only way to be sure of the final problem is to mount the K27-7200 on your headers and see where the compressor outlet winds up.
Also check that the intercooler and the up-pipe still fit together properly and mount on the engine. You wanna see where the overall package winds up before making any cuts. I would be hesitant to machine that much off the turbo flanges.....
I wound up removing 10 or 15mm off the compressor outlet on my K27S to make the intercooler and up-pipe bolt to the engine when all said and done. IT WAS TOO LONG AS SHIPPED.
My support bracket was not even close after all this too, so I don't use it currently.
Fitting the turbo on the header was going to be my next step. I am using standard headers.

I'm not too worried about the up-pipe to the IC as I will be making up a special pipe anyway to suit the different compressor outlet connection and a B6 IC.

I guess if the muffler is well supported, the bracket could join some of its weight-loss friends in the box in the attick!
Old 09-16-2008, 08:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)