View Single Post
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by x98boardwell View Post
I removed the elbow from the CIS and there really wasn't any residue in there. Question: When I reach full boost and my BOV opens wouldn't that introduce some of the oil from the IC into that elbow from the blown turbo gasket?

If so, then there should be at least a little residue which there is... but barely even noticeable on my finger.

Seems to be ok. Still no word on the Turbo. I will keep everyone updated.

Bryan
All good points. If you just feel a film of oil, there is no oil blowing out from the oil tank into the intake.
When the BOV opens, you would get some oil recirculated into the air. This would cause a "puff" of smoke out the exhaust when the BOV closes again and the throttle is opened. You experienced smoke when you were going downhill with the throttle closed or partially opened, right?
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 09-16-2008, 09:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)