View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper930 View Post
DDDD,

If he's building 3.8tt's for $30k that's a hell of a bargin! For a reliable high hp 700 rwhp you're normally looking at at least $50k and that's just the motor. I was shopping around before I picked up my motor and right around $50k is where everyone was settled.

Concerning the 3.6 in a 930 chassis, I know there needs to be modified engine tin and a modified oil tank but other than reinstalling a wiring harness that's about it. A lot of work though.

One thing to think about is if you go to a motor with a hydraulic clutch instead of what the 930 currently has you'll have to upgrade to a hydraulic system. I'm having to do that on mine to get the Tilton 3 plate to work...but i'm sure there could always be the exception to still using a cable clutch depending on motor output and clutch selection.

Starting from scratch, with Timmins supplying the engine, using all new parts, including the Garrett turbo AND custom intercooler, with DTA EFI and dyno tuning, removing your old engine and installing the new one.

His turn key quotes where something like:

3.6 turbo 28 grand
3.6 twin turbo 30 grand
3.9 turbo 32 grand
3.9 twin turbo 34 grand

Now this is a year ago and prices likely have gone up on parts.
Old 09-20-2008, 08:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)