Thread: Relay question
View Single Post

Here is the whole story:
I cranked the car, at the instant the engine started running there was an usual pop from the engine bay, idle stayed high as usual - 30 secs or so - and droped normal. Then, I tried to lower the windows and nothing happened - either side (first time ever in 20+ years) went to the fuse box all OK but changed the windows fuse anyway - nothing. Checked the relays and notices the first really (from the bulkhead towards the front of the car) hot the second one a little cooler and cooler as the third, fourth... removed the first one again and left it out because it was just too hot to me; the car ran like crap no turbo power, idle at 2K and just wrong... Turned around, got to the house removed all relays including the one in the engine bay - facing the intercooler, cleaned all connectors and put them back on = everything is runnig well and the windows go down like nothing ever happened.
Should I replace all relays for new ones? do relays go bad with time? those are original ones (30 years old)
I'm a little puzzled here...
Old 09-21-2008, 05:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)