View Single Post

I say:

3.4 Full Finned Mahle

Send off your heads, intake, and injector blocks and port to 36mm (Ollie's does outstanding work)

964 cams w/ oil pump drive mod (web cam has been good to me)

Ollie's can rebuild your rockers as well

Maybe fresh valve springs and keepers for insurance, exotic race package not neccesary but not absurd in this case

Twin plugging is debatable, maybe machine the heads anyway, if you go w/ crankfire and use the clewet setup, keep a spare sensor in your glovebox.

The electromotive system w/ MAP sensor would give you the ability to dial in more advance off boost, but you're switching from CD ignition to wasted spark, which is weaker.

Make sure there are no CIS evils that could have led to broken ring, I would guess you were running too much ignition advance and had detonation otherwise

Keep your stock crank and have the center main grooved and crossdrilled. May as well micro polish (Ollie's again)

Update the oil pressure relief valve w/ new springs and shim for high pressure

Stock rods are fine, Rod bolts are debatable, if you run stronger bolts, consider more rod bearing clearance if you will sustain near 7000 rpm on track.

I would use 993 dilavar or aftermarket steel headstuds (just flip a coin in your case, don't loose any sleep over it)

Enjoy extensive tuning w/ suddenly much more important CIS goodies

what else?
Old 09-22-2008, 06:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)