View Single Post
E-85 sippin drunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsrmike View Post
I say:

Twin plugging is debatable, maybe machine the heads anyway, if you go w/ crankfire and use the clewet setup, keep a spare sensor in your glovebox.

Keep your stock crank and have the center main grooved and crossdrilled. May as well micro polish (Ollie's again)

Update the oil pressure relief valve w/ new springs and shim for high pressure

Stock rods are fine, Rod bolts are debatable, if you run stronger bolts, consider more rod bearing clearance if you will sustain near 7000 rpm on track.

what else?
I would say for the small amount of extra coin, while the heads are off, I would go ahead and twin plug them. Whats the going rate now $400 to $600 bucks or so? If you don't do it, and then decide you want to after you get the motor all back together...it just doesn't make sense.. just do it...

I totallly agree on the micro polish and the center main oil mod...

Stock rods are fine for a street motor with a stock redline. I however, would not trust the stock rodbolts to hold together two piecies of sheet metal, let alone the bottom end of the rod. This happened to me, and when they go, it will cost thousands of dollars worth of money. Why risk it?? It is a known fact that the stock rod bolts are worthless.

DonE, has shimmed his oil pressure relief valve and has gotten very positive results.

I just would hate to see you split the case and not do some of these mods and then wish you have had later down the road.
Brad...930 gt-1 racecar, increased displacement to 3.6L, JB racing Cylinders, JE 8 to1 pistons, stroked crank, Carrillo rods, extrudehoned 3.2L intake, full bay Bell I/C, GT-2 EVO cams, Rarly8 headers, GTX-35RS turbo, twin plug, P&P heads, Link G4 EFi system, G-50/50 with LTD slip and oil squirters/oil cooler, zork tube, full race coilover system, with carbon fiber body, full cage, E-85 sippin drunk
Old 09-22-2008, 07:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)