View Single Post

Lots of good ideas... I really like the input and will certainly incorporate it into the build. My plan ro 964 was originally the typical 3.4, heads, SC or 964 cams, K27HF, etc. formula others have used, but I am open to alternatives or variations. Whatever I do I won't scrimp and will use good fastners, bolts, etc. Just like when i did the supension I want to go all the wa to my goal and not take 1/2 steps that co4t you when you need to redo things or upgrade your "upgrade".

This is very early in the game. My mechanic and I had a brief phone converstation and will probably go over this many times in the next month or so. He threw the stroker option out there, and knowing him.... there must be a reason. Either he's following another succesful build or he has a line on some of what we need. He does things with the customers best interest in mind, so I am looking forward to learning why he is currentlly leaning in that direction.

The motor will be out in around 30 days time (several motors ahead of me) and by then and we will know what we are facing...and come up with a plan (whatever direction I choose). The one thing I am sure on, is that I am going CIS..what can, I say I'm old-school Don't know what happened, AFRs were good (now) but don't know what they were in the past before the gauge install at the last round of mods or before my purchase a few years ago. At least one ring had been pretty spent and just went at the track. No knocking or missing but the compression is just pumping through now. Car had a prior top-end rebuild but I don't know what was done or how well it was done.
1987 930 - K27 7200 / DAS Full Cage / Blownsix Intercooler / BB Headers / Zork Tube / Tial 46mm / Adjustable WUR / RPM Activated Solenoid / Open Element Air Intake / Smart Racing 27mm Sways / 24 and 33mm Torsion Bars / Adj. Spring Plates / Wevo Strut Brace / Monoballs / Tow Hooks / Oil Cooler Scoop / Brey Krauss Harness Truss / Race Seats / XD-16 AFR Guage/ 17" Kodiak Racing Whees and Nitto NT-01 255/315s

Last edited by F350Lawman; 09-22-2008 at 08:18 PM..
Old 09-22-2008, 08:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)