View Single Post
After the next project

Garage
Updates

This is what I have been able to do.

1) I checked the continuity of the wires for the AAR and WUR switches.
2) Checked to see if I had power to the wires while the engine was turning over even after i verified that my fuel pumps would come on if I wanted them to. I did this to make sure that no cut-off switch would have been the problem of the power issue.
3) Checked the #10 pin on the 14 connectors anchor point to see if there was power to the pin itself... no power even when turning over the motor.

Question: Is there a relay associated with the devices or is just power and thats it. All of the boost relays are new and working correctly. I'm trying to figure out if it could be a simple fuse/relay of some sort.

4) I looked in the mechanics manuals to see if I could find any fuses/relays associated with this system and could not.
5) I checked to make sure the thermal switches had wires going to them, but I could not verify if they had power or not.

I'm at a loss. Do I need to trace back before the 14-pin connector to see why there is no power to pin #10? There is a varying degree of volts to the other pins in the plug ranging from 5-12.2 volts. Not sure if it is a simple 1-wire issue or something larger.

Advice... thoughts on where to go next? Thanks for all the help so far. Looking to continue this fight if possible.

Bryan
Old 09-28-2008, 11:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)