View Single Post
Acceleration Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by x98boardwell View Post
How is the car running? Have you resolved the rough running issue yet? Was it the fuel dist.? What happen to your old WUR when you bought the new one? Where did you get the new one from.

Hope you have things figured out.

Thanks for the help earlier.

Bryan
Car is running at about 80% of ability. Problem was the fuel head. Engine ran the same with the old/stock WUR and the a DWUR. Specifically, AFR's all over the place, unstable, non-repeatable, engine stumbling bad to worse depending I believe on how many liberal democrats were on the street at any given time. Only time it ran really well was at WOT.
Rebuilt fuel head resolved driveability issue in spades. Remaining issues are 1) once the DWUR's 90-second warm-up cycle/pressure regulation time expires, not rich enough for about another minute. 2) When throttle opening/load drives engine to about 8-psi boost, the engine goes pig rich (low 9's) and spark gets blown out. As boost builds, (or I ease off the throttle a bit) AFR leans to high 11's going to 12.2 to rev limit, all hell breaks lose (a good thing).
I'll keep the stock/good WUR as a backup.
The "beauty" of the DWUR is the ability to set it's control pressure at every 250 rpm increment from 750 to 6750 simultaneously with every manifold pressure from 0.4-bar to 2.2-bar absolute. Thus, AFR can be optimized for practically every rpm/load situation from WOT up a steep hill, cruising on the flat or decelerating.
I'm presently running the rpm/control pressure tables downloaded for the 930 engine from the Unwired Tools website.
Dyno this week to adjust DWUR for AFR and see how much power this little car can develop
Old 09-28-2008, 04:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)