Thread: New 930 Owner!
View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by onboost View Post
Mooney..

Both Canepa and Alan Johnson Racing used factory parts, or a combination of factory and aftermarket parts for their conversions in the 80's. Most supplied from the Special Wishes dept at Porsche.

Good Luck and you will have fun!!

Paul
This is my 1979 "color to sample" SN that was built in the same time period by Alan Johnson racing. The roll bar and fuel cell and race wheels have been removed otherwise it retains the engine upgrades similar to yours along with Weiltmiester suspension/ brake upgrades. It seems this was a popular set up back then. I read the original PR from your cars EBay add ( 500hp etc ). Similar HP claims were stated on mine from late 80s & mid 90s appraisals, must have been protocol back then. I think it would be more realistic at around 400 crank unless the boost was way into the grenade territory. But Bruce Canepa and Alan Johnson Racing (now AJ USA ) overall built really neat cars for some folks and they have their appeal to those who appreciate the tuner set of that time. I recently had it touring at a Road America event. Later at the street Concours a fellow in a recent Viper mentioned that my car must have some serious HP as he had trouble staying near on track. That is telling in a 30 year old technology street driven modded 930 being able to deliver at current performance levels with 1/2 the CID of others on track.

Last edited by voitureltd; 09-30-2008 at 11:03 AM..
Old 09-30-2008, 10:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)