Thread: Cracked Headers
View Single Post

Kris, I recently tried to get one of the Protomotive engine mounted oil cooler boxes and got this reply from Todd (he's a good man, always replies straight away):

"We’ve found a simple plate hung off of the rear tin that draws heat from the back of the cylinder head to be just as effective and stopped manufacturing the oil cooler heaters."

I replied asking for more info and if he would fab one for me and got this back:

"No, sorry we’ve just fabbed them when we need them on the cars. I don’t have any fixturing for them, nor any older 911’s around to even fab one on. We seem to be doing only 996tt/997tt’s lately.
A simple plate, hanging down from the rear sheet tin with a tube welded on the back that you can attach the heater duct to. It’ll just draw the hot air coming off of the bottom of the cylinder head and exhaust system."

I'm going to give it a try, just can't get my head around it right now, man the car didn't do many miles this last winter, too cold in there. I've been meaning to ask Brian if he can fab something like this up. You persisting with your car Kris?
'13 Z4 35is
'13 MV F4RR
Old 09-30-2008, 04:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)