View Single Post
I'll have another

I detailed in the other thread that I was not able download my pics off my camera; therefore the pic I posted was taken with a different camera and is as you noted, after the fact. It still shows that the fluid is discolored. Furthermore, with the reservoir full, the discoloration was not apparent so not much point in posting that pic even if I had it. I have to say Anton, that for a thread that was created with the intent of helping others out, your reply was definitely contrary.

Bill, the reservoir and removed fluid (not yet thrown away) definitely smells like gear oil so I think it is more than just a little moisture affecting the color. As you point out, the only way to know is to pull the slave cylinder which I plan on doing tonight.

I don't plan on detailing my findings further unless I discover something new. My point in creating the thread was for others to detail their experiences so that all the info is consolidated on one thread. Maybe that was a misguided effort and this thread will die a quick death.

Last edited by j_hurricane_y; 10-02-2008 at 07:23 AM..
Old 10-02-2008, 07:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)