View Single Post

I'm going to attach a picture of the 914 caliper plugs (used as SAI plugs on 911 /930 cars) and the stainless version sold and branded as Weltmeister. I tried the 914 caliper plugs initially and was not happy with the hardness of the steel. They are mild steel plated with blue zinc. I decided against these after testing them out and ordered the stainless hex plugs instead. I'm much happier installing these into a 930 due to the harsh heat / exhaust contaminents they will see... Also, nothing against the way billjam did it but the plugs are not safteywired properly... The anchor point of the wire needs to be opposite the direction you turn the bolt or nut to unscrew it. This is a perfect example of using the right chemical for the job. Much like the right tool, the right chemical compound makes the job 100 times easier. Applying Resbond 907 Red Thread Locking agent / pipe sealer on the plugs will prevent them from coming out on their own.

Please click on the pic for full resolutuion.

hope this helps those looking to make a decision on which plugs to buy.
Old 10-03-2008, 02:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)