View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by j

PS. Found this thread on an alternative method to getting to the gearbox/clutch. Looks trick.
[url
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread.php?t=401556[/url]
That was mine. Having done three now I will give you my 3 cents worth. You can only hinge up the sub-frame on non-ABS models. Advantage- the wire harness stays in place, no need to remember routing and where the zip ties go, and the bolts line up for reassembly much easier. Disadvantage- the headers need to be loosened to allow the frame to swing up.

If you have goo in the trans. chamber where the slave goes then replace the slave cylinder, trans. shaft seal and the push rod felt. It does not matter weather the goo is trans. fluid, clutch fluid or water, you need to replace all the pieces. Trans. fluid ruins the slave seal and clutch fluid ruins the shaft seal.

And now my pet issue with this problem. Since the clutch fluid is under pressure, when you pull the clutch lever, and the trans. fluid is not, except thermal expansion, I do not see how trans. fluid can make its way to the master cylinder.

A link for seal replacement-

Advice on how to replace these seals.

The cheap work stand with 1" bore holes in the leg ends for straps. I bought a small baking sheet that will fit between the legs and catch debris.

Good luck, RB

Old 10-04-2008, 10:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)