View Single Post
Macht Schnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeh View Post
I'm having a few problems with my 88 and one of the PCA tech guys said to get my A/F ratios checked. My wrench doesn't have a dyno and to check the ratios he will stick some kind of probe in one of the two tail pipes. He said it's like what the emission testing station does. Is this probe mobile and he'll drive around with it hooked up or will the car just sit while he revs the engine? I'm just trying to look into what he'll be doing so I have a better understanding before I bring him the car.
He is most likely going to adjust your CO at idle and that's it. "Almost" useless if you think you have any real afr issues. That's the way the Porsche manual says to do it and they way shops have done it for decades. That was before the days of the adjustable Warm up regulator, which your stock wrench may not know about.
---Les Garten---85 930, Andial IC, GHL Headers, Fabspeed Dual, K-27 HF2, 3.4 JE Full Finned 7.5:1 CR, 964 CAM'd, Carerra 3.2 Manifold Cut/Flipped, Tec3r, Siemans 55#, GSF Fuel Rails, Clewett Crank Trigger, Clewett Cam Trigger,Dual Plugged, ARP Head Studs/Rod Bolts, Clewett Wires.Tial 46mm WG, Tial 50mm BOV, WEVO Shifter,934 Boost Gauge, Wideband EGO Sensor/Gauge, C2T Head Gaskets, '88 MB 300TE,BMW R100RT
Old 10-06-2008, 03:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)