View Single Post
After the next project

Garage
Update

Chuck,

Thanks for thinking of me. Kevin is with Ultimate Motorwerks and Stephen is with Imagine Auto who sells Kevin's K27 line of turbos.

As for the turbo, I am still waiting for it. It has taken a little longer than expected but I know Kevin is very busy and per our conversation last week it should be in the mail soon.

I will absolutely keep you posted on the progress.

On another note, I was checking my intake the other day and I had to turn all 12 nuts at least 1 full turn (sometimes 2) to reach the specified 18 ft/lbs of torque that is recommended on the intake. This thing must have been leaking between the intake and phenolic blocks that hold the injectors. I guarantee that every time I went into boost the car leaned out pretty bad (I think...). Anyways, I think that may have been the main reason for the turbo failure if I had to point the finger at something. I am getting plenty of oil out of my oil feed line so it was not oil starvation.

I'll be in touch. And yes, we will meet at some point. I wont let off the throttle like Rod!!!!

Bryan
Old 10-06-2008, 05:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)