View Single Post
Wo ist die Rennstrecke?

Quote:
Originally Posted by full quack View Post
You got rid of your engine mounted oil cooler....pray tell why?? Did it do something to offend you?? All for another filter??There are so many other places that an additional oil filter could be placed. Having that fan forced cooled unit in place seems kinda important to me.
You have replaced it with 2 passive cooled units clear up front that only flow oil when the temp. valve opens...hummm.....and only cool when the car is moving...hummm.
[snip]
Mark
I removed mine for access to pax side cam shaft for cam synch sensor and filter. I think 964 motors replaced the engine oil cooler for a filter. Anyway, I use 2 passive units up front too. One has a simple hi flow 6" elect fan turned on by my ECU when the temp hits 99C. The thermostat in the wheel well does a great job of letting the oil circulate in the engine and warm up too. So well in fact, that I use an engine temp sensor in place of the original engine thermostat to tell the ECU how to add fuel for cold and warm start as well as warm up enrichment. Works well. And yes, most of my cooling comes from moving, but the fan comes on in traffic and it stays around 100C. As far as I can tell, removing the engine oil cooler had no affect on my engine temps, smart ass.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)