View Single Post
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
I just completed an installation for a fellow with the same goals as yourself - the best bang for the buck.
The beauty of bolt-ons is you can do them in stages if you wish.
What the owner and I decided would serve this 930 best was to change out the turbo and muffler. He, like you, already has the Euro style J-pipe exchangers which work well with mods. If he choses to bump it to the next level we will add an intercooler and 1.0 bar boost.

Adding an intercooler does nothing for performance by itself but will allow the boost level to be safely raised by keeping the intake charge temperature at an acceptable level. A modern turbo will also help in this regard due to better efficiency producung lower outlet temperatures.
Headers add heaps to driveability but little to horsepower. (Lack of) interior heat can be a problem. Be prepared to deal with broken exhaust studs during installation.
Proper AFRs as controled by an adjustable WUR are huge in giving back power, driveability and fuel mileage.
K27 series turbos offer relative ease of installation but may not be the most efficient on the market. You can get into a lot of fab work depending on the turbo chosen.

You probably already know these things but I put it out there anyway.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)