View Single Post

Send a message via AIM to JP Noonan
The three sets of double white wires (with three female terminals, right?) are the injector ground points. They attach to a three bladed, male, terminal that should be attched to the block with a case bolt. i.e. plug the three plugs into the brass thing sticking out of the block under the big black air distribution box, toward the flywheel.

The 3 pin connector is for the distributor fuel injection points. They should have small numbers in red or black written on them, usally within 1-4" of the white plastic connector. The numbers should be 21, 12, and 22. They corispond to the black plug at the bottom of the dizzy. The 22 is toward the driver the 12 is in the middle, and the 21 is toward the passenger. You can mix them up and the car still runs, but because two injectors are fired at a time, one set when the valve is opening, the other with it closed, I think it is important to hook it up right.

The two prong connector is either for the thermo time switch (looks like a temp sender) attached to the engine block with a small L-backet), or for temp sensor-I (air intake sensor), or for the cold start injector. Can't tell you right now, but to say none of them is important to the running of the car, the cold start only works with the starter running and if it is below 45-50F. And the Temp-I being dissconnected will just make the computer think the air is cold, so you'll run a tad rich. If you can't figure them out I can look at it tomorrow.

The injector plugs can go in either way, just make sure they are plugged into the right injector.
Old 10-02-1999, 03:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)