View Single Post
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsiegel360 View Post
Dave, I'm going to get the same valance as yours. Is 2" the standard oil cooler depth for our cars? Will Setrab know which fittings I need?

On the previous thread Rocket mentioned the need to mount the cooler with a bit of air escape space behind it. How much space?

Ya'll rule. Thanks.

Nice pic Club Sport.

Doug
Doug,
+1 on what rsrMike stated. 930Rocket also mentioned having sufficient air space behind the cooler so there is sufficient airflow through the cooler. The 930S front valence is nice, but the amount of space behind the cooler is marginal(1/2-1"). The problem is the chassis front cross member. Ideally, you could a cut a section out and create a channel which vents the air up over a modified front bonnet, but that's a lot of body work.
Have you considered a 934 like front valence? It appears the oil cooler is mounted a little lower which would improve air flow, plus you would have the added benefit of brake ducting if you decide to go that route. Maybe others that have this valence can chime in on its mounting location?
+1 on the routing of the oil lines. Make the path of the lines with as few bends as possible. See photo below on how Porsche minimized this.

Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 10-13-2008, 07:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)