View Single Post

Garage
I thought I would share with you an analysis I did about my car with different gear ratios..You need to keep in mind that when you accelerate within a certain gear, probably the shorter ratios will make you accelerate faster, but in real life, you downshift if you need to, and then you keep pulling longer under torque with a taller gearbox, which puts you ahead, while the other guy is shifting, you are still accelerating..
I have added the ratios of the Supercup gearbox (shorter ratios) for your info..

The typical "RPM drops" argument is not valid, I have yet to see one of these modded cars dropping below the boost threshold when they change gears..The worse you can drop is 3800 RPMs, and you will still have boost there, or it will be there in a fraction of a second. With shorter gears you will also have traction problems, although withe the Guard it should be fine.

All of the above information is true for you since you have a high torque/high HP car. You would wring through short gears way too fast and may also have traction issues from the induced wheel spin. Looks cool but you will lose in the end.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)