Thread: Nonstarting 930
View Single Post

Nonstarting 930

Hi Guys, need some help diagnosing a problem with my 87 930...
Problem first started after a short drive, went around a corner, tried to accelerate slowly and the car died. Starter cranks but would not fire. I waited a while and it started right up and ran great. Pump relays and the fuse were all fine. I blamed it on bad gas, until it happened again. Both times dying only a couple blocks from home, then restarting eventually.

I had initially thought this was a fuel pump issue since I noticed the I no longer had the rather loud whine my front pump would make before i started the engine. I found my single fuse for the fuel pumps running VERY hot, so i performed the dual fuse upgrade.

Unfortunately the car left me on the side of the highway soon after. At speed with steady throttle it began sputtering then died with a big backfire. This time it would not restart at all.

I can smell gas at the exhaust after cranking, which has made me question whether this is a pump issue. My CDI box whines like normal. My next step would be replacing the yellow overboost relay. Any ideas?
Thanks!

Last edited by Phil Gilsdorf; 10-14-2008 at 05:31 AM..
Old 10-13-2008, 06:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)