Thread: injectors
View Single Post
Certified User

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsrmike View Post
+1 on the wire holding pintles open, soaking in techron or strong solvent.
Find the thread mentioned above as it gave great pictures and explanations about backflushing through the pintle side w/ them held open w/ wire and that seems like the best approach yet.

If you want to get really silly, obtain an ultrasonic jewelry cleaner and soak them in a glass jar filled with solvent in the cleaner
The ultrasonic cleaner made a difference for me. I couldn't get all injectors running properly until some had done about 15 minutes in the u/s cleaner (with water).

I think one of the most important points is to try and do the back-flushing before you attempt to pump fluid through in the normal direction, otherwise you will blow all the crud further into the injector.
That's what originally happened to mine. The shop I took them to gave them a burst in their ultrasonic cleaner and then pumped fluid through in the normal direction to test the pattern. This almost blocked them up solid. They said they were stuffed and I should get new ones. They didn't believe me that the car was running OK beforehand.

This is the thread rsrmike referred to ...
Blocked Injectors - how to clean?
Memories: '68 912, '72 911T, '80 911SC, '84 911, '85 930, '86 930, '87 911
Old 10-19-2008, 06:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)