View Single Post
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

See answers in red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDGAF27 View Post
Hi , just trying to understand process of placing center mounted oil cooler. so sorry if my questions bit off.
1. when mounting center cooler , fender mounted stays in place and is operable? YES AND ADD A FAN TO IT FOR WHEN YOU ARE IN TRAFFIC
2. both coolers are conected paralel? I DID MINE IN SEIRES.
3. fender mounted as primary? or center. EITHER WAY BUT MY FENDER IS FIRST.
4. return hose from fender mounted cooler goes into center mounted and to and oil tank? YOU CAN GO EITHER WAY. FIRST TO THE FENDER MOUNT OR THE CENTER MOUNT.
5. Size of lines, center mounted cooler inlet/outlet opening is important? LINES SHOULD BE -12 MINIMUM AND -16 IS BETTER. THE OIL COOLER OPENINGS SHOULD BE BIG AS POSSIBLE. YOU DON'T WANT A RESTRICTON.
6. If sizes are on bigest posible size, doesn't it affects oil pressure level? YOU ARE NOT GOING ANY BIGGER THAN THE FACTORY LINES, SO IT'S NOT A PROBLEM.
7. Does the air flow dirrection affect down force on a nose if box is made to make more space behind center mounted cooler? IT WOULD BE VERY VERY MINIMAL.
8. what is best way to direct air flow to not to lose grip at front . MOUNT THE OIL COOLER AS FAR FORWARD AS POSSIBLE. YOU CAN EVEN ADD SOME SHROUDING TO GET MORE AIR TO IT.
Thanks. Just what I came up with for now.

Last edited by A930Rocket; 10-20-2008 at 01:18 PM..
Old 10-20-2008, 01:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)