View Single Post

Garage
Thanks for all the replies. She's in excellent condition inside and outside. The PO put a different radio in the car and put monster speakers in the back deck. I have the original radio and a new rear deck that does not have speakers in it. I'm going to take it to the best audio guru around town to try and save the original radio. I pray all the wiring is still there.

The car sat for a long time so a lot of work was done to the car i.e., wheel bearings and such. The undercarriage and wheel wells have probably never been detailed in this cars 22 year life so that is first on the list. I'm sorta sick when it comes to a clean car.

The exterior is absolutely beautiful and shines like new. The interior is as nice as the exterior. I have owned so many different cars but never the one that I've always lusted after. I wanted an '86 because, as all of you 930 nuts know, it was the first year Porsche started selling the turbo in the U.S. again and because I graduated high school in 1986.

I can't stop staring at this car. Am I sick? Maybe I should seek medical assistance? The lines on this car are as gorgeous as they were back in 1986. I'm so glad I own a piece of Porsche history. What an absolute thrill to drive this car. I love the raw feel of the 80's 911's so much. The new cars feel so "Lexus" to me.

Upgrades: definitely need H4's. I'm also replacing all the bushings with Elephant Racing. I will resist with all my might not to upgrade the turbo or intercooler. I want to enjoy drivng the car and showing her as a stock 930.

All I can say is I'm happy and can't wait to learn more about this piece of engineering wonder from all of you!
Old 10-21-2008, 04:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)