Thread: EFI problems
View Single Post
what? me worry?

I'm not sure what Link G2 or G3 tuning software has in common with G1, but here is what I would do ( I have LinkPlus G1 on my car).

Firstly can you get the engine running at all? or do you flood it while cranking?

Using someone else tuning map is a good starting point, but the differences in set ups may be enough you should just start from scratch.

If you flood the engine, turn off the priming function, this squirts a shot of fuel every time you turn the key to the on position. So If you are experimenting trying to get the engine to fire, and keep turning the key from off to on, you will get a shot of fuel every time you turn the key.. this can flood the engine..

Reduce crank enrichment.... again this can flood the engine. You can reduce either the enrichment or decay usually both.

Timing should be 15-20 deg while cranking(300 rpm or so) and set timing below 750 to 15 or so, this will give a bit of torque and keep the engine running if it starts to stumble.

If you get the engine to fire. reduce fuel until you get a nice idle if you can..

you can do this globally using the "master fuel" function, or you can tune the individual cells.

Those injectors can support 725 hp, you should set fuel pressure at 3 bar @ idle. Are you using a rising rate regulator?

Also you can wire the injectors to alternate batch, i.e. 3 then 3, this might not soak down all the cylinders while cranking.

The biggest hurdle is getting the engine to fire and idle, after that its a series of tuning exercises.
Rudtners Racing

'69 911 GT-5
'75 914 GT-3
Authorised Haltech seller and installer
Authorised Unichip installer
BBS wheels
Fikse wheels
Redline motors oils
Swepco
1500 hp chassis dyno

Last edited by TimT; 10-22-2008 at 01:51 PM..
Old 10-22-2008, 01:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)