View Single Post

Joe,
Sorry about the extra comma at the end of the link, guess the BBS s/w decided it was part of the link when I was typing.

Not sure what your question was, but the dynamat (and similar stuff) embodies the principles you mentioned. Depending on which product you use, The stuff is a sandwich of closed cell foam and some really gooey neoprene or PVC stuff (which is much more compliant than any undercoating I've encountered). You can get foamA/lead/foamB or black goo, or black goo with metal heat barrier. That goo is like bubble gum on a hot sidewalk. Anything that will dampen the oil can resonance of the sheet metal is a good thing, but I'd trust the geeks at dynamat to have tuned the "gooey-ness" for wide spectrum attenuation.

I don't think coating the underside of the engine lid with this stuff is a rust risk, neither the goo nor the metal absorb water and ya gotta not trap air when you install it if you expect it to stay put.
Old 04-06-2002, 09:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)