View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911nut View Post
This is an apples & oranges comparison.
I'm reading that the 930 is tailored to it's owners' driving style and desires and that the Corvette was bone stock. Well duh, the 930 will come out the winner every time.
Corvettes are good performing cars, of that there is no doubt. If any of us cared to tune one like we tune our turbos I'm more than sure we'd be singing the praises of "our" Corvettes.
In the end it's about our preferences.
Not really a "well duh" thing. While the Vette was stock, I am comparing it to a 21 year old car with 100K on the clock and one that is based on 30 year old technology. I expected even a bone stock Vette to be more competent than it was on the track. I remember my 930 w/ bone stock suspension and street tires and it still felt at least as good as the Vette ON THE TRACK...now on the street the Vette is great, as I have already stated.

Now much of this may be my preference for a car with plenty of feedback and "rawness" but I still feel anyone would think the Vette was vague and "boaty".

For example I really thought I would be all over my buddies stock 993 C4S with only PSS9s and Yoko Advans as mods. I was at best even with his car, despite a 150 + hp advantage. Even after he broke his rear sway bar linkage, I never felt that good following him. Everytime I would try and put the power down and blow him away out of a corner the car would balk. For comparison, I easily run away from the same car with my 930....(even when I ran with 1 cylinder going down w/ bad rings) I just couldn't make good use of the power in the Vette.
1987 930 - K27 7200 / DAS Full Cage / Blownsix Intercooler / BB Headers / Zork Tube / Tial 46mm / Adjustable WUR / RPM Activated Solenoid / Open Element Air Intake / Smart Racing 27mm Sways / 24 and 33mm Torsion Bars / Adj. Spring Plates / Wevo Strut Brace / Monoballs / Tow Hooks / Oil Cooler Scoop / Brey Krauss Harness Truss / Race Seats / XD-16 AFR Guage/ 17" Kodiak Racing Whees and Nitto NT-01 255/315s
Old 10-26-2008, 05:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)