View Single Post

Help! 1st 930 track outing and...

well, let's just say the rear end was more than a little loose. I know, I've heard over and over about how tail happy these cars can be if you get off the gas in a corner or if the turbo kicks in before you've got her straightened out coming out of the turn, but this was unsettling. Way more than I expected.

For comparison, I have an '88 Carrera that feels quite a bit more planted. The Carrera is riding on Bilsteins with stock torsion bars, lowered and aligned, 17" wheels with Falken Azeni tires.

I just had the 930 lowered and its got 18" RH 3.6 wheels, 225f/265r Eagle F1s (probably a few years old). Also has Bilsteins.

Any ideas on how to get her more settled? I'm putting some adjustable sway bars on, will add a strut tower brace in the next week or two. I think I'm going to sell the 18"s and try to find some 17" wheels that I can put better rubber on. Any other ideas?

By the end of the day I had a better handle on the car. More than any other 911 I've driven, it NEEDS some throttle to keep the back tucked in through corners and you better get your braking done early, but, in addition to the driver getting some more seat time with her, I really think there must be some tweaking that would help out.

Thoughts appreciated!
Old 10-27-2008, 01:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)