View Single Post

Aschen- if you like those pieces of crap so much then buy one. I have worked on all generations of vette and know without question that they are not even close to Porsche in any respect accept some straight line numbers and being able to fit a person that weighs 350+lbs and have A/C to cool them. Real world handling of a vette is not good- ask me how I know...
I respect you more than the next Vette guy because you have a 930.

I could have bought a C5 or a C6 for the amount that I got in my car and I still know that I have a much better automobile. I am a red-blooded American like anyone else, but what it comes down to is that we have no business building a super-car at any price or any speed. The Vette is the pinnacle of "accounting engineering." And the close second is the Viper- which I just worked on a totaled one (stripped off all of the mods) and I saw first hand that there is nothing to either of the "American bruisers." All plastic crap draped over a crappy, ill designed frame.
I don't care if Chevy or Chrysler put out 1000 horsepower cars for $20,000- you still get what you pay for- And the proof is all over that neither of these companies can build a car. Both companies are on the verge of non-existence due to poor quality while Porsche is thriving.
Not to say that Porsche builds its new cars like the 930 was, but its still a $hitload better quality than any 10 corvettes.
I'm sorry to rant and rave, but to see such mediocrity of design considered in the same sentence as Porsche makes me sick to my stomach.
2008 C6/Z51 Corvette
Old 10-30-2008, 12:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)