View Single Post

No Brian, the gauge is in the engine bay. With the WUR. I have about 12" of hose. I am watching the warm up cycle pressures and then checking the hot pressures after a quick run down the road - while checking the boost AFRs. Adjust CP and another run back watching AFRs. It is dumping too much fuel on boost, so I am fiddling with the CPs to see if I can reduce it. I think it is due to CP problems - if I floor the gas pedal progressively, I can maintain useful AFRs, ie no big dump. If I nail it, they dive into 9's. So, I think the fuel piston is moving too easily for the airplate movement since the throttle response just controls the manifold butterfly, which in turn controls the airplate. I have a WUR boost spring in twice the normal rate, and get half the diaphragm displacement on boost. And still too much fuel.
So, am monitoring the CPs and AFR responses. Seems like the right track. As I harden the CP up, the dump gets less, almost useful. Then I run into this stupid erratic CP behaviour.
Regards
Alan
Old 10-30-2008, 01:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)